Welcome! My name is Chives. I’m a fan, just like you, based out of Northern California. I made this blog to talk about my favorite hobbies and passions: anime, manga, film, music, TV shows, to name a few. I enjoy mostly writing these things as a critical investigation and look at the works, a “food for thought” piece, or even just to share my enthusiasm, but I hope you you’re able to take something away from it.
I regularly attend conventions throughout the United States, a) because I love conventions and get to meet a lot of new people/hang out with my closest friends, but also b) to keep up with the constant evolving scenes in anime, western film media, video game landscape, etc. I consider this extremely important when writing my pieces; to be writing contextually in relation to the culture at the time. I’ll keep a regularly updated post about my convention schedule.
I’ll be trying to maintain one long term project (Currently: Eureka Seven rewatch), but I’ll also be regularly writing about other media I consume: a movie review, my thoughts on a video game, etc.
Some lightning facts about me:
- Age: 26
- Degree: Yes. BA in Psychology, with a focus in Linguistics. Almost went for an MA in Japanese Studies
- Favorite color: Purple
- Which Osomatsu brother am I: Karamatsu
- Drink of choice: Amber ales.
- Languages: English, Japanese, Chinese
- Console of Choice: PS4 and PC.
- Overwatch mains: Lucio, Zarya, McCree
- Dogs or Cats: Dogs
- Summer or Winter: Summer
- Pokemon or Digimon: Digimon
- Coke or Pepsi: Coke
- Favorite manga: [Redacted at the moment]
- Favorite anime: Eureka Seven
- Favorite anime genre: mecha, drama.
- Favorite anime studio: Bones (see the trend here?)
- Favorite film: Arrival
- Favorite TV show: Lost
- Favorite video game: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Favorite comic book character: Captain Marvel aka Carol Danvers
- Favorite musician: Beck